1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
Marketing in Partnership Limited (MiP) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
In order to provide you with the full range of MiP services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- What information MiP may collect about you.
- How MiP will use information we collect about you.
- When MiP may use your details to contact you.
- Whether MiP will disclose your details to anyone else.
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- How MiP stores your data.
- Your legal rights.
MiP websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WILL MIP COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to, any of our services, activities or online content, telephone or e-mail MiP, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable MiP (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in a job application we may need to receive additional personal information). When we do this, we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. HOW WILL MIP USE THE INFORMATION THEY COLLECT ABOUT ME?
MiP will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that MiP may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including, user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of MiP for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on MiP websites.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. MiP may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where MiP proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. WHEN WILL MIP CONTACT ME?
MiP may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that MiP can deliver the services to you.
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about MiP services (participation is always voluntary).
- For marketing purposes, however we will always provide you with an opt-out option.
5. WILL MIP SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within MiP.
However, sometimes MiP uses third parties to process your information. MiP requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and MiP requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
6. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to MiP. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. HOW LONG WILL MIP KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with MiP Where you contribute material to MiP we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION MIP HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that MiP holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
9. WHAT IF I AM ACCESSING MIP OUTSIDE THE UK?
11. HOW MIP STORES YOUR DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction to your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us directly.
Marketing in Partnership, 3rd Floor, 15 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 3AR